Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Post VI


View the literacy narratives listed above and evaluate them (what do you like about them? what don’t you like? why?). 
1. Scannell: I like that this literacy narrative involved her parents reflecting on her childhood while also showing past work and experiences by flashing examples and additional videos. However, it was way too long. While six minutes can be a length that doesn’t bore an audience, nothing new was being said beside her accomplishments. It was the same speakers talking about the same topic that simply became repetitive and uninteresting.
2. Andfull: I like that she introduces herself and her voice follows the timing of the video perfectly. However, I found her comments to be tedious. The length was okay and while the effects were unrelated to the actual topic, it gave the audience some interest at the beginning. Unfortunately, the book covers had awful resolution so the titles and pictures were unreadable, and paired with her uninteresting voice feedback, it left me feeling bored and slightly annoyed.
3. Truaman: Out of all the videos, I enjoyed this video the most merely because his words were interesting and the video is simple. It was him, a blank canvas and slight background noise that wasn’t distracting. While occasional examples of work he refers to through pictures would have been helpful, I found this video to keep me interested throughout its entirety.
4. Peyton: My first thought when watching this was that the film strip action seems to be a popular choice for amateur videos. My next thought was how I didn’t appreciate squinting at a blurry phone screen in a failed attempt to read what he was texting. I also did not like the loud music that was making my current headache worse. The only things I liked were that it tried having some direction and that the length wasn’t unbearable.
5. Wooten: While the music seemed out of place, it almost helped add to the humor of the video. It was a lame story to say the least and he only had the same effects of screen shots and captions, but after seeing other videos, I appreciate the simplicity and clarity of the video. It led to a conclusion and was easy to understand.
What criteria do you think we should use for evaluating these types of texts?
I think the criteria we should use for evaluating these types of texts is keeping audience interest in terms of length of the video and how well viewers are able to follow along with the narration. Also, how well the special effects, like pictures and words work together, and how well these effects aid to the topic, is another criteria we should incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment